Shift B Corp
We’ve taken over 50 businesses through B Corp certification™* and have collaborated with hundreds of B Corps across the UK. We bring all that experience to you, in three simple steps.
*we are not legally affiliated with or a subsidiary of B Lab
The best starting point for your B Corp journey
Four, one-hour B Impact Assessment support sessions with an expert advisor B Corp Assessment Cheat Sheet Sector analysis, B Corp network introductions and personal Baseline Report
Achieve your baseline B Corp score using the B Impact Assessment
Outlining is the natural progression from baselining, or for companies who have experience with B Corp already
Four, one-hour Outlining support sessions with your expert advisor Creating a signed-off list of practices that you’ll implement in order to achieve a passing B Corp score
Create your roadmap to B Corp certification
Bespoke platform build with guides, templates and calculators made for your specific B Corp roadmap
Personal accounts for the whole team
B Corp launch workshop
Additional support recommended for this phase to ensure cultural transition
Choose from different levels of support, from do it yourself to full cultural transition
Launch workshop and ongoing support
Search B Corp Case Studies
- Navas drinks are a South West tonic water brand who pride themselves in their tasty product and focus on environmental impact through their partnership with The Eden Project. We were introduced through another client and engaged immediately with the Shift B Corp journey. Though a small team, we found a viable pathway to B Corp certification.
- Jessica Smith and Steven Bennett-Day came to us having already completed the assessment internally, however had fallen shy of the B Corp passing score and therefore were looking for some guidance to get over the line. As an impact-driven founder, Steven was extremely conscious that he did not want to do good for the sake of doing good, but rather drive initiatives that would make deep material changes to the business.
- We first met Julia, their lead Sustainability Consultant, at a conference given to members of the University of the West of England’s Business and Entrepreneurship degree. Realising that we both occupy different spaces within the sustainability consulting industry, our relationship grew and they came to us looking for guidance on attaining B Corp certification. We thus embarked on the 3 step B Corp programme.
- We first met Alison, the founder of Wonderland at Goodfest down in Cornwall 2022. This was late into the evening, and if I recall correctly on a dancefloor. Anyway, we managed to remember each others details and recall the conversation about their B Corp journey amidst the ABBA blaring in the background and began supporting them through Baselining.
- Having successfully created many digital design products for high-profile clients, Studio Graphene became interested in the B Corp certification late in 2022. They thought this new certification could help them attract the right talent and make them stand out in their sector. Consequently, based on a significant recommendation from another company in their industry, Studio Graphene reached out to Future Shift, needing support with their BIA assessment. Given the international spread of Studio Graphene’s offices, there was concern about how this would work within B Corp’s rigorous Assessment and whether the certification was just plain out of reach for the company.
- After one of the directors of APG, Adam Parsons read the iconic Patagonia book ‘Let My People Go Surfing’ the leadership team at APG had in mind to go B Corp – this was all the way back in 2018. However, due to competing demands, APG lost its momentum in the process and put the decision to go B Corp on hold. They had a vision and internal culture worthy of the certification, only lacking the time and capacity to demonstrate it within the BIA. They needed some external help.
- We were introduced to local coffee celebrities, Clifton Coffee Roasters, through one of our affiliate consultants, Future Leap. Clifton Coffee take extreme pride in producing some of the highest quality of coffee with a massive impetus on ensuring that they work closely with coffee farmers to ensure a fair wage is given to the workers (much, much higher than Fair Trade standards). Sure enough, we jumped at the chance to help guide them through the B Corp journey.
- We were delighted when Bruce, the founder of Left Handed Giant got in contact with the intention of receiving support to attain B Corp certification. For those of you who aren’t from Bristol (Future Shift’s home town), Left Handed Giant are a much loved craft brewery who run a number of pubs in Bristol. We set out on the three-step Shift B Corp journey through weekly support meetings with Bruce.
- We knew Kaye, the founder of Ekologik from life before Future Shift which began conversations in 2021. Ekologik is a sustainable cleaning product supplier. They were interested in achieving B Corp Pending status due to the fact that they had less that 1 year of trading accounts. For suppliers of goods, it is important that the supply chain ethics side of one’s operations are as watertight as possible because there can be a lot of risks in this space – this was a focal point of the engagement.